The International Monetary Fund (IMF) today released the conclusions from the latest Article IV consultation with the UK in which it called for more monetary easing to support economic recovery.
"Further monetary easing is required," the report stated. "Anaemic nominal wage growth and broadly stable inflation expectations suggest underlying inflationary pressure is weak, providing space for greater monetary easing," the report added.
The document was released on the same day it was revealed infl
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security