Inflationary concerns continue to weigh on the minds of officials at the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), according to details released in the central bank's April Macroeconomic Review.
As a result, the MAS will continue with its long-standing policy of pursuing a "modest and gradual" appreciation of the so-called S$NEER currency band, which the MAS says will help "anchor inflation expectations". The rate of inflation for March was 5.2%, compared with 4.6% the previous month. The principal
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde