The level of payment card and online banking fraud taking place in the UK last year fell sharply, according to data released by Financial Fraud Action UK, which includes information provided by the UK Cards Association and the Cheque & Credit Clearing Company. This fall in fraud came at a time when weak economic performance in the UK would typically result in increasing efforts to commit fraud.
Debit and credit card fraud losses fell 7% to £341 million last year, with card ID theft rates declini
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair