On February 14, the US Department of the Treasury issued some guidance on the implementation of section 1245 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which includes new sanctions on the Central Bank of Iran.
"We are working intensively to implement the NDAA's financial sanctions as part of our broad-based efforts to stop Iran's illicit nuclear activities," said Treasury under-secretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, David Cohen. "We urge banks worldwide to act quickly to term
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency