The Central Bank of the Philippines on February 8 issued a stern warning to the public about believing promotional material regarding a new 150 piso banknote.
The central bank advised the public to "disregard" information currently circulating on the internet regarding the "alleged issuance" of a 150 piso commemorative banknote.
"The BSP [central bank] has never issued nor is planning to issue such type of banknote," said a statement on the central bank's website. "Therefore, any 150 piso commem
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor