At the Fathom Consulting Monetary Policy Forum on February 8, panellists discussed the core topics of quantitative easing (QE) and financial repression.
Joining the panel for the first time since he left his position on the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee, Andrew Sentance laid out his impression of the "new normal" for the UK economy. "For the time being, [the] new normal is of relatively disappointing growth, continuing financial volatility and the continuing lack of confidence in t
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security