The governor of the National Bank of Belgium, Luc Coene, said over the weekend that even if Greece were to abandon the euro, the rest of the member countries would pull together to support the project.
In comments confirmed by the central bank's press office, Coene, who is also a governing council member at the European Central Bank, said: "If the Greeks do decide to leave, something that would seem to me inconceivable and in contradiction with the efforts made by their prime minister and the sa
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms