The Swiss National Bank (SNB) governor, Philipp Hildebrand will on January 5 address swirling rumours regarding significant currency trades made by his wife, Kashya Hildebrand. The central bank on December 23 had already released an unprompted statement denying that governor Philipp Hildebrand had breached internal rules.
According to Swiss media reports, Kashya Hildebrand bought $500,000 in August, just over two weeks before the SNB took the unprecedented step of announcing a minimum exchange r
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS