Paul Hartmann, the deputy governor of the Bank of Nambia, has agreed to step down at the end of the year after requesting his term not be renewed at the beginning of next year.
On Wednesday, the central bank announced that Ipumbu Shiimi, the governor of the Bank of Namibia, had been confirmed by Namibian president Hifikepunye Pohamba for a five-year period starting January 1, 2012. However, the president said Hartmann would leave the central bank on December 31, 2011, as he had chosen not to be
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms