Paul Hartmann, the deputy governor of the Bank of Nambia, has agreed to step down at the end of the year after requesting his term not be renewed at the beginning of next year.
On Wednesday, the central bank announced that Ipumbu Shiimi, the governor of the Bank of Namibia, had been confirmed by Namibian president Hifikepunye Pohamba for a five-year period starting January 1, 2012. However, the president said Hartmann would leave the central bank on December 31, 2011, as he had chosen not to be
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say