Ben Bernanke held a press conference following Wednesday's Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting, and faced some probing questions from journalists.
The FOMC announced that the target range for the federal funds rate was to remain at 0% to 0.25%, and once again repeated that "exceptionally low levels for the federal funds rate" were likely to continue until "at least" mid-2013.
The majority of the committee voted for the action, with dove Charles Evans voting against, instead supporting a
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security