The Canadian House of Commons' Standing Committee on Finance on Thursday passed a motion to consider alternative monetary policy goals for the Bank of Canada.
Liberal MP Scott Brison proposed the motion, which was unanimously agreed on.
Minutes from the meeting showed debate arose after the idea was put forward but that eventually it was decided that the committee would hold at least one meeting before the end of November to hear from expert witnesses on the topic.
The Canadian government and th
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor