A senior Treasury official has announced the US is considering tough new sanctions on the Central Bank of Iran as fears persist over the country's financial activities.
US Treasury under secretary David Cohen on Thursday testified before the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs at a hearing titled "Addressing Potential Threats from Iran: Administration Perspectives on Implementing New Economic Sanctions One Year Later".
Cohen focused his remarks on the US sanctions strategy, pa
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB