The European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB) on Tuesday published a set of recommendations on lending in currencies other than the legal tender of the relevant country. The measures were addressed to member states of the European Union (EU), national supervisory authorities and the European Banking Authority.
"These recommendations reflect financial stability concerns arising from foreign currency lending to the non-financial private sector," says the ESRB. "This phenomenon is currently present in EU
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor