Business conditions in Japan have improved considerably over the past three months, as the economy recovers from the devastation caused by the earthquake and tsunami in March, according to data published in the Bank of Japan's (BoJ) Tankan survey on Monday.
The Tankan, which is based on information collected between August 29 and September 30, shows business sentiment in Japan has become more favourable since its last survey in June, particularly among manufacturers.
The Tankan's business condit
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says