The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned that time is "running out" to deal with vulnerabilities that "threaten the global financial system and the ongoing economic recovery".
In its Global Financial Stability Report, released on Wednesday, the IMF said financial stability risks have "increased substantially over the past few months".
One particular area of concern was the euro area sovereign credit strain from high-spread countries, which the IMF estimated to have had a "direct impact o
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system