Australian banks will have to meet Basel III capital requirements two years ahead of their international counterparts under proposals put forward by the country's banking regulator, with Australia likely to be the first country in the world to fully comply with Basel III capital requirements.
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Apra) has released a discussion paper, Implementing Basel III Capital Reforms in Australia, outlining its proposed implementation of the Basel III capital ref
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro