The Central Bank of Sudan reportedly placed a statement in the local Alintibaha newspaper that called for tenders to build a gold refinery in the capital, Khartoum.
Interested parties should submit their proposals by September 4, the central bank said in a statement published on Monday, according to local reports.
Sudan is currently locked in a dispute with newly independent South Sudan regarding the production of oil, which must pass across the border to be exported from the northern country.
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor