The Riksbank has increased contact with markets, banks and other central banks to ensure Sweden is braced for ongoing market turbulence.
Mattias Persson, head of the financial stability department at the Riksbank, told CentralBanking.com on Thursday that it had increased its surveillance of funding markets and interbank markets and increased its discussions with Swedish banks. "We also have tighter contact with other central banks to share information," he said.
As the world economy continues to
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio