Chairman of the Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke, said on Thursday that systemically important financial institution (Sifi) oversight regulations should be ready this summer.
In his testimony before the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs at the US Senate in Washington, DC, Bernanke said the Fed was also "on schedule" to implement Basel III.
Bernanke testified on the first anniversary of 2010's Dodd-Frank Act and said that mitigating the threats to financial stability posed by the "too-
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Carney: Brexit could trigger ‘extreme fragmentation’ of EU markets
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB