The Financial Stability Board (FSB) on Friday announced a review of systems for deposit insurance across its 24 member countries.
Schemes to protect bank depositors have been a feature of financial regulation and supervision for many years, but attracted attention during the crisis following government extensions of the coverage to, notably in the case of Ireland, all bank deposits.
The review has a strong focus on cross-border cooperation and the effectiveness of reforms introduced during the f
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research