China's cross-border settlement in renminbi rose by 6% in the first four months of 2011, a senior central bank official said on Thursday.
At the Lujiazui Forum in Shanghai, Li Bo, the director of the monetary policy bureau at the People's Bank of China (PBoC), was reported by government news source, Xinhua, as saying renminbi settlement in cross-border trade had increased to 530 billion yuan ($81.6 billion), from 500 billion yuan last year.
Li also said cross-border renminbi settlement between J
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank