Britain's coalition government must plough on with its fiscal austerity package or risk the wrath of financial markets, panellists at an event in London on Wednesday said.
George Osborne, Britain's chancellor of the exchequer, last October announced a series of cost-cutting measures, sparking a sharp retrenchment in government spending.
Fathom Consulting's Monetary Policy Forum panel, which included two former Bank of England deputy governors - Rachel Lomax and Sir John Gieve, said that the gove
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields