UBS, the Swiss bank, is being investigated by US and Japanese regulators over its involvement in the calculation of the London Interbank Offered Rate, better known as Libor.
UBS said in its annual report, released on Tuesday, that it had received subpoenas from the Securities and Exchange Commission, the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the US Department of Justice. The subpoenas were in connection with investigations into submissions to the British Bankers' Association (BBA), the tra
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says