The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision on Thursday issued rules that aim to avoid another situation in which regulatory capital cannot be used as a buffer against losses, as a supplement to the capital rules it unveiled in December.
The Group of Governors and Heads of Supervision, the body that oversees the Basel Committee, approved the new minimum requirements on 10 January.
"During the financial crisis, a number of distressed banks were rescued by the public sector injecting funds in the f
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations