Just under a year after publishing two consultation documents on a major overhaul of bank capital and liquidity regulations, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision today unveiled the final text of the Basel III framework, as well as the long-awaited results of its quantitative impact study (QIS).
The comprehensive changes to risk weightings and capital definitions, as well as guidelines for the new leverage ratio and liquidity ratios are detailed in two major documents spanning 130 pages: Ba
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB