Pakistan's Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani has reportedly selected Shahid Kardar, a former finance minister of Pakistan's Punjab region, as the next governor of the State Bank of Pakistan, breaking the tradition of recruiting a banker to head the central bank.
On Tuesday, the Financial Times, a newspaper, quoted a senior finance ministry official as saying: "Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani has cleared the name of Kardar to be appointed as Pakistan's new central bank governor. We will notify hi
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say