China has overtaken Japan as the second largest economy in the world, Yi Gang, a vice governor of the People's Bank of China and the head of the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (Safe), said on Monday.
People's Daily, a state-owned newspaper, reported Yi in an interview with China Reform magazine posted on the State Administration of Foreign Exchange website as saying: "China, in fact, is now already the world's second-largest economy." It was unclear what Yi was referring to as his sour
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot