The group of central bank governors and heads of supervision that oversee the work of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision is meeting in Basel today to make decisions that could set in stone key elements of proposed reforms to the Basel II framework.
The oversight board will review recommendations drawn up at the last Basel Committee meeting on July 14–15. Although committee members have declined to divulge details of those recommendations, they are understood to cover issues including rec
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market