The focus of monetary analysis must remain price, rather than financial, stability, Jürgen Stark, a member of the European Central Bank's (ECB) Executive Board, has warned.
In a splenetic attack directed at those that had criticised the ECB's dogged advocacy of monetary analysis pre-crisis, Stark said on Friday: "Money has been ignored. In the canonical New Keynesian macro model on which the intellectual foundations of inflation targeting rests, money has been considered a redundant element in t
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system