The eurozone sovereign debt crisis has thrown into stark relief the perils of creating a common currency among member states with different agendas. Yet, despite Europe's woes, Gulf officials appear undeterred in their bid to establish a single currency and will meet with top European Central Bank (ECB) officials next week to hear how best to establish a monetary union.
Muhammad Al-Jaser, Sheikh Salem AbdulAziz Al-Sabah, Abdullah Saud Al-Thani - the governors of the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system