The European Central Bank's (ECB) bond purchase program has been effective but tensions over continued uncertainty in European financial markets remain, the ECB president warned on Thursday.
During remarks following the Governing Council meeting, Jean-Claude Trichet, the president of the ECB, said the amount of bonds bought by the central bank was a "good sign" that banks had sufficient liquidity. However, he noted that the recovery would continue to be hampered by "weak balance sheets" and "ren
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor