The Bank of Uganda on Monday launched a USh2000 ($0.94) note to enhance the currency's divisibility, alongside revamped versions of five other existing denominations.
"Besides a harmonised banknote design that depicts Uganda's rich historical, natural and cultural heritage, the new notes bear improved security features," the central bank said. The new family of bills will come into circulation on 17 May.
The 50,000; 20,000; 10,000; 5,000 and 1,000 bills have been overhauled for the first time si
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart