The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) on Thursday looked to further boost its role as a hub of yuan-denominated financial activity with a series of measures.
The measures, which seek to simplify the rules on renminbi denominated services, pave the way for Hong-Kong based banks which are not mainland entities to issue yuan-denominated debt. "The range of eligible issuers [of renminbi denominated debt], issue arrangements and target investors can be determined in accordance with the applicable r
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms