The Central Bank of Turkey cut rates by 25 basis points on Thursday, leaving the key overnight interest rate at an all-time low of 6.5% and the lending rate at 9%.
Identical cuts were imposed on the late liquidity window rates, which saw the borrowing rate between 4pm and 5 pm reduced to 2.5%, and the lending rate decreased to 12%. The rate on overnight and one-week maturity borrowing facilities, which are provided for primary dealers via repos, also fell by a quarter point to 8%.
The size of th
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase