Offshore financial centres must bring regulation up to speed with international standards if they want to stay competitive and weather future crises, said Michael Foot, a former official of Britain's Financial Services Authority (FSA) on Thursday.
Speaking at the release of his report on British offshore financial centres, Foot strongly urged jurisdictions to align with international standards on tax information exchange, financial regulation, and anti money laundering. Emphasising that the chan
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB