It caused pandemonium in global financial markets, left the international monetary regime teetering, made thousands unemployed and gave many an official a sleepless night. But, for one person the collapse of Lehman Brothers was welcome.
Sadeq Sayeed, the executive vice-chairman of Nomura's UK operation and the man who made the call on the decision to buy part of Lehman's European and Asian operations, told a room-full of officials: "I am extraordinarily grateful to the regulators, the government
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations