Australia faces the risk of "undesirably strong growth" in house prices as a result of undersupply, said Anthony Richards, head of economic analysis at the Reserve Bank of Australia
In a speech to the Committee for Economic Development of Australia (CEDA), Richards said that the supply of housing had not responded to increased demand.
He pointed to a variety of factors for the supply shortage, ranging from the difficulty of replacing existing dwellings with higher density housing, to the prohibi
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency