An influential group of British lawmakers has backed Bank of England governor Mervyn King's view that officials should limit banks from posing a systemic threat to the financial system.
In a report released Friday, Banking Crisis: Regulation and Supervision, the Treasury Committee said it was unlikely that all banks could be shrunk to a size where they posed no systemic risk, but said the government "can and should still act."
"Major banks have managed to establish themselves in a powerful posit
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde