Emerging East Asia has already entered the transition from recession to recovery, said the Asian Development Bank in the latest issue of the semi-annual Asia Economic Monitor (AEM) published on Thursday.
"Emerging East Asia could see a V-shaped recovery, with growth dipping sharply in 2009 before regaining last year's pace in 2010," said Jong-Wha Lee, the chief economist and head of the office of regional economic integration of the Asian Development Bank.
The development bank predicted emerging
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde