The Bank of Mexico on Tuesday announced a raft of new rules aimed at stopping banks overcharging customers.
The nine rules outlaw a number of charges including those for closing an account, and cancelling credit and debit cards. Fees for closing internet banking accounts, opening accounts in order to get a loan and exceeding debit-card limits will also be barred.
"One of our aims is to promote the healthy development of the financial sector," the central bank said. "To do so, it is important to
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB