Industry groups published on Monday a cross-jurisdictional analysis of legal and regulatory issues facing credit default swap (CDS) central counterparties with respect to customer access to central clearing platforms.
The analysis focused on protection of customer initial margin and portability of CDS positions in the event of a central-counterparty clearing member default. The report found that customer protection analysis largely depends upon the insolvency law applicable to the defaulting cle
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro