A senior British Treasury minister has lambasted the European Commission's attempts to regulate hedge funds, saying its draft code developed through an "inadequate process driven by political concerns."
"It is perhaps easy for other European countries to make political capital out of demanding intrusive regulation of an industry of which they have little or no direct experience," Lord Myners, the financial services secretary, said on Tuesday "But it is woefully short-sighted, bordering on a weak
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB