Constancio has been governor of the Bank of Portugal since 2000. His current term is due to end in March.
"I am happy to report that I can count on Vitor Constancio for another mandate," Teixeira dos Santos, a Socialist, told public radio RDP in Brussels, where he was attending a meeting of euro
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms