He needs to cut the government's budget deficit in order to persuade the International Monetary Fund to unblock a vital loan.
The main measure will be the ending of tax breaks to private sector companies, likely to raise about $4bn extra for the government. Mr Cavallo, who is facing calls from opposition politicians for his resi
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?