Some analysts, including Laurence H. Meyer, a Fed governor, have advocated setting such targets as a way to restrain inflation expectations and promote open decision making at the Fed.
Mr. Greenspan said that would not work because it is becoming ever more difficult to measure inflation in an age of rapid impr
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde