"Abrupt movement (of interest rates), in anticipation of economic recovery, is not favourable," Tanigaki said at a regular Tuesday morning news conference, Jiji reported.
Regarding Bank of Japan monetary policy, according to the report, Tanigaki said the central bank's firm commitment to its super-loose monetary policy had good effects on the economy.
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms