In its July monetary policy statement, the central bank said "there is a risk that the point-to-point inflation in July may increase temporarily, but downward trend in inflation is expected to continue thereafter."
Inflation fell in the first six months of 2007 as the central bank tightened monetary policy, but monthly inflation rose 3% in May
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power