The central bank said: "If the current price developments are compared to unemployment levels and their high averages of around 50% then this indicates that the overall economy is sinking in what is called stagflation."
The consumer price index measure of inflation recorded an increase of nearly 70% by the end of July 2006 compared to a year ago, said the central bank, compared to June's 52.5% annualised increa
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting