Users of crystal speed inhale it through the nose using rolled-up banknotes and chemists think impurities such as sulphates, mingled with sweat, could have created an acid that ate away at the notes, the magazine quoted police as saying.
Around 1,500 banknotes worth between 5 euros and 100
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms