Japan "hasn't completely overcome" deflation, a consistent price decline that has hampered the country for years, Tanigaki told a news conference after the first day of the Asia-Europe Meeting forum of financial chiefs. "Looking at various indicators, I see a mild form of deflation continuing."
Tanigaki spoke optimistically about the economy and its outlook,
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research